Previous

NIH 1998 Almanac/The Organization/CC/      

Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center: CC Legislative Chronology


July 1, 1944--Public Law 78-410, the Public Health Service Act, authorized establishment of the Clinical Center.

July 8, 1947--Under P.L. 80-165, research construction provisions of the Appropriations Act for FY 1948 provided funds "For the acquisition of a site, and the preparation of plans, specifications, and drawings, for additional research buildings and a 600-bed clinical research hospital and necessary accessory buildings related thereto to be used in general medical research...."


Previous



National Institutes of Health