NIH 1998 Almanac/Real Property and Facilities/
(Listed separately according to history, cost of original construction, total cost, gross area and space allocations. See also NIH Location Maps.)
Buildings 17 and 17A
History: Buildings 17 and 17A were constructed to house the 13.2 kv
switchgear and associated equipment necessary for power
services to the NIH reservation. The buildings were designed and
constructed, and are owned by Potomac Electric.
History: Physiology Section, NICHD
History: Building 20 was constructed as
an apartment building for occupancy by certain NIH personnel.
History: Building 21, formerly called Building T-3, was constructed to provide a segregated area for radioisotope use.
History: Building 22 was built to house grounds maintenance
staff and equipment.
History:-- Building T-23 was constructed as
a storage facility for sand.
History: Building 25 was constructed as
a chemical storage area.
History: "Building 26," was a fenced-in area.
A building was erected in 1954 as a temporary chemical disposal plant. In August
1958 a permanent facility was constructed.
Further improvements were made in August 1960.
Buildings 28, 28A-D
History: Building 28 was constructed to house the dog kennels and
History: Building 29 was built to
provide laboratory and office space for the
Division of Biologics Standards (now Center for Biologics Evaluation and
History: Building 29A was authorized to provide an increase in
laboratory and office space for the Division of Biologics
Standards (now CBER, FDA).