NOTE TO REPORTERS AND EDITORS:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, April 17, 2001
NCCAM Explores New Opportunities for Future Collaboration with Industry
- CAM therapeutics suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, and distributors
- Members of organizations that develop and apply standards to determine quality and safety of CAM therapeutics
- Practitioners of conventional and complementary and alternative medicine, and members of the allied health professions
- Researchers and research administrators
- Policy makers
- Publishers of compendia of information related to CAM therapeutics
- Regulatory lawyers
- Government regulators
Monday, May 14, 2001
8:00 a.m. - 5:45 p.m. EDT
The meeting will take place at the Washington Monarch Hotel located at 2401 M Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.
Registration is FREE for credentialed press only; however, SPACE IS LIMITED. Please contact Anita Greene, NCCAM Press Officer at (301) 496-1712 ASAP to make a reservation.
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) is dedicated to exploring complementary and alternative medical (CAM) practices in the context of rigorous science, training CAM researchers and disseminating authoritative information. For additional information, including fact sheets, press releases, and other information about NCCAM, please visit our website at http://nccam.nih.gov.