Wednesday, Apr. 16, 1997
NCI Press Office|
Note To Reporters and Editors:
AIDS Malignancy Conference Convenes at NIH
- The recently discovered human herpes virus 8/Kaposi's sarcoma herpes virus and its relationship to Kaposi's sarcoma and lymphoma.
- The human papillomavirus (HPV) and cervical cancer in women and anal cancer in men with HIV infection.
- The influence of cytokines and growth factors on the course of AIDS related malignancies.
- The role of angiogenesis in Kaposi's sarcoma.
- Experimental treatments for AIDS related malignancies including new chemotherapy agents, immune-based therapy, and pilot studies of gene therapy.
- Pediatric cancers and AIDS.
The meeting will take place at the Natcher Conference Center on the NIH campus in Bethesda, Md. To register, please call (301) 907-3844. A preliminary agenda and registration form is available on the World Wide Web at http://ctep.info.nih.gov (select AIDS Oncology Resources). Beginning April 21, the final agenda will be available at the web site above and at http://www.healthcg.com/NCIconference.
Daily online summaries of conference presentations and searchable abstracts, co-produced by the NCI and Healthcare Communications Group, LLC, will be accessible at the healthcg website. Abstracts will be available April 28; next-morning, online coverage will begin April 29.
For more information on the conference, call the NCI press office at (301) 496-6641.