|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, January 9, 2003
Revamped NIGMS Web Site Offers Easy Access To Institute's Programs, Publications and News
- Research Funding includes overviews of NIGMS' major research initiatives,
announcements of research funding opportunities and grant application and review
- Training & Careers includes announcements of research training,
fellowship and career development opportunities.
- Minority Programs includes information on Minority Access to Research
Careers, Minority Biomedical Research Support, Bridges to the Future and other
programs that seek to increase the number of minority biomedical scientists.
- News & Events includes news releases about NIGMS-funded research,
science education materials, publications about the Institute's programs, information
about NIGMS-sponsored meetings and meeting reports.
- About NIGMS includes an overview of NIGMS, alphabetical and organizational
staff lists, information about the Institute's advisory council and budget material.
The site also features improved navigation and search tools. In addition, it
is fully accessible by users with assistive technology devices, such as screen
readers for the visually impaired.
The National Institute of General Medical Sciences is a component of the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.