| The NIH Launches LifeWorks A Free
Career Exploration Site|
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of Science Education
(OSE) introduces LifeWorks, an interactive Web site featuring
more than 100 careers in the health and medical sciences. It is
designed as a resource for middle school and high school students,
parents, educators, and school guidance/career counselors to explore
the diversity of careers in the field. According to the Department
of Labor, these jobs are expected to be among the fastest growing
jobs in the nation over the next 10 years.
At LifeWorks visitors can:
- Search careers to match personal interests, skills, and abilities
- Browse careers by salary, education required, interests, and job title
- Read about real people who have achieved success in their careers
- Learn about certification, licensing, and educational requirements
- Explore job market trends and find links to professional organizations
OSE launches LifeWorks this month, as a part of the national
celebration - Excellence in Science, Technology, and Mathematics
Education (ESTME) Week. For more information, visit the NIH Office
of Science Education Web site at http://science.education.nih.gov.
The National Institutes of Health the Federal government's focal point for medical research in the United States is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.