Monday, March 30, 1998
NCI Press Office
NOTE TO REPORTERS AND EDITORS:
Second National AIDS Malignancy Conference Takes Place April 6-8
- Impact of anti-retroviral therapies on the incidence and course of AIDS malignancies
- Experimental treatments and prevention strategies
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) and the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) in patients with HIV
- Emerging knowledge of the human herpes virus 8 and its relationship to Kaposi's sarcoma and lymphoma
- The advocacy community perspective on AIDS malignancies
The meeting will take place at the Natcher Conference Center on the NIH campus in Bethesda, Md. For more information, call the National Cancer Institute's press office at
(301) 496-6641 or check the World Wide Web at http://ctep.info.nih.gov (click on AIDS Oncology Resources).
Daily online summaries will be available during and after the meeting at http://www.healthcg.com/hiv/2ndnciconf.