You are here
December 16, 2015
PMI Cohort Program Advisory Panel
The Precision Medicine Initiative® Cohort Program Advisory Panel is a working group of the NIH Council of Councils and was convened to provide external oversight and expert advice on the vision, scientific goals, and operations of the PMI Cohort Program. The Panel is charged with evaluating and providing recommendations regarding PMI Cohort Program activities. Findings and recommendations of the Panel will report to the NIH Council of Councils for further consideration. The NIH Council of Councils will use the Panel’s findings and recommendations to provide final recommendations to the PMI Cohort Program Director and the NIH Director. Read the Charter.
Specifically, the members of the Panel will consider:
- The vision and direction of the PMI Cohort Program;
- Concept clearance for new initiatives to be established under the PMI Cohort Program;
- Review of preliminary funding plan proposals;
- Ongoing assessment of current projects and programs supported by the PMI Cohort Program; and
- Coordination and integration of the PMI Cohort Program with activities of individual NIH Institutes and Centers (ICs).
The Panel will provide an intensive examination of the progress of the PMI Cohort Program between years five and six to ensure its vision has shown continued adaptation to the evolving landscape of research and clinical practice. As necessary, with approval of the chair of the Panel, the Panel may call upon special consultants, assemble ad hoc work groups, and convene conferences, workshops, and other activities.
Unless otherwise noted, terms end on December 31 of the year posted next to the member's name.
This page last reviewed on August 9, 2016