You are here
The following is a list of publications from NIH authors on the issue of reproducibility and NIH’s actions to enhance reproducibility.
Arnegard ME, Whitten LA, Hunter C, Clayton JA. Sex as a Biological Variable: A 5-Year Progress Report and Call to Action. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2020 Jun;29(6):858-864. doi: 10.1089/jwh.2019.8247. Epub 2020 Jan 22. PMID: 31971851; PMCID: PMC7476377.
Koroshetz, WJ, Behrman S, Brame CJ, et al. Framework for advancing rigorous research. eLife. 2020;9:e55915. Published 2020 Mar 4. doi:10.7554/eLife.55915
Clayton, JA, Arnegard, ME. Taking cardiology clinical trials to the next level: A call to action. Clinical Cardiology. 41, 179-184. Published online: doi: 10.1002/clc.22907. (26 February 2018).
Hewitt, JA, Brown, LL, Murphy, SJ, Grieder, F, Silberberg SD. Accelerating Biomedical Discoveries through Rigor and Transparency. ILAR J. 58(1):115-128. (1 July 2017).
Silberberg, SD, Crawford, DC, Finkelstein, R, Koroshetz, WJ, et al. Shake up conferences. Nature. 548, 153-154. (9 August 2017). Link to full article.
Brooks, CE, Clayton, JA. Sex/gender influences on the nervous system: Basic steps toward clinical progress. Journal of Neuroscience Research. 95: 14–16. doi:10.1002/jnr.23902. (7 November 2016).
Becker, JB, Clayton, JA, Miller, LR, et al. Considering sex as a biological variable in preclinical research. FASEB J. fj.201600781R. (28 September 2016).
Becker, JB, Koob, GF. Sex Differences in Animal Models: Focus on Addiction. Pharmacological Reviews. 68(2), 242-63. (April 2016).
Clayton, JA. Studying both sexes: a guiding principle for biomedicine FASEB J. Vol.30, No.2, pp:519-524. (February 2016) Published online: doi:10.1096/fj.15-279554. (29, October 2015).
- Arrowsmith, CH, Audia, JE, Austin, C, Baell, J, Bennett, JB, Bountra, C, et al. The promise and peril of chemical probes. Nat. Chem Biol. 11, 536541 (21 July 2015).
- Lorsch, JR, Collins, FS, Lippincott-Schwartz, J. Fixing problems with cell lines. Science. 346, 1452-1453. (19 December 2014).
- Clayton, JA, Collins, FS. Policy: NIH to balance sex in cell and animal studies. Nature. 509, 282-283. (15 May 2014). Link to full article.
- Collins, FS, Tabak, LA. Policy: NIH plans to enhance reproducibility. Nature. 505, 612–613. (30 January 2014). Link to full article.
- Landis, SC, Amara, SG, Asadullah, K, Austin, CP, Blumenstein, R, Bradley, EW, Crystal RG, et al. A call for transparent reporting to optimize the predictive value of preclinical research. Nature. 490, 187-191. (11 October 2012).
This page last reviewed on July 12, 2021