You are here
NIH works to turn scientific discoveries into better health for all. As the largest public funder of biomedical and behavioral research in the world, NIH is the driving force behind decades of advances that improve health, revolutionize science, and serve society more broadly.
Evidence of the varied, long-term impacts of NIH activities comes from a variety of sources, ranging from studies on specific health topics, to broader analyses of NIH as a whole. Explore the sections below to discover more about how NIH provides value for the public’s investment.
The knowledge produced by NIH-supported research can take many years and pass through many stages on its pathway toward improving health. Explore stories of how NIH has contributed to successful health interventions, and how these interventions have made a difference in our lives.
Learn More About NIH
- Research Matters — weekly update of recent NIH research highlights
- NIH RePORT — reports, data, and analyses of NIH research activities
- NIH Clinical Trials — overview of NIH-funded clinical trials and how you can participate
- Celebration of Science: NIH Highlights — spotlighting remarkable advances from NIH-supported scientists
- NIH Home Page — learn how NIH and its 27 institutes and centers work
- NIH Director’s blog — Dr. Larry Tabak, Acting Director, NIH, discusses new discoveries and latest trends in biomedical research and medicine
- NIH Catalyst — bimonthly NIH newsletter that showcases the scientific research conducted at the NIH
- NIH Record — biweekly NIH newsletter that covers issues of significance to NIH staff, contractors, and trainees
- NIH History Office & Stetten Museum — discover the scientific, legislative, and social history of the National Institutes of Health