You are here
Research, Funding and Coordination
The Division of Program Coordination, Planning, and Strategic Initiatives identifies and reports on research that represents important areas of emerging scientific opportunities, rising public health challenges, or knowledge gaps that deserve special emphasis. Such research benefits from conducting or supporting additional research that involves collaboration between 2 or more NIH Institutes or Centers, or would otherwise benefit from strategic coordination and planning. The Division also coordinates research and activities related to research on AIDS, behavioral and social sciences, women's health, disease prevention, rare diseases, and dietary supplements and includes a new office on strategic coordination.
- Office of AIDS Research (OAR)
- Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR)
- Office of Disease Prevention (ODP)
- Office of Strategic Coordination (OSC)
- Office of Portfolio Analysis (OPA)
- Office of Program Evaluation and Performance (OPEP)
- Office of Research Infrastructure Programs (ORIP)
- Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH)
- Sexual and Gender Minority Research Office (SGMRO)
- Tribal Health Research Office (THRO)
- Office of Administrative Management and Communications (OAMC)
On behalf of the Director, the Office of Extramural Research provides guidance to institutes in research and training programs conducted through extramural (grant, contract, cooperative agreement) programs.
- Immediate Office of the Director (IMOD)
- Office of Administrative Operations (OAO)
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW)
- Office of Extramural Programs (OEP)
- Office of Policy for Extramural Research Administration (OPERA)
- Office of Planning & Communication (OCP)
- Office of Research Information Systems (ORIS)
On behalf of the Director, the Office of Intramural Research coordinates research conducted directly by NIH personnel through intramural programs.
- Office of Animal Care and Use (OACU)
- Office of NIH History (ONHM)
- Office of Human Subjects Research (OHSR)
- Office of Technology Transfer (OTT)
- Office of Intramural Training and Education (OITE)
- NIH Division of Loan Repayment
The Office of the Associate Director for Data Science leads the development of the overall NIH vision in Data Science and coordinates across the 27 Institutes and Centers in support of biomedical research as a digital enterprise.
This page last reviewed on September 16, 2016