You are here
Inclement Weather Information
On this page
- Operating Status and Schedules—OPM
- Child Care, Opening and Closure Procedures for NIH Child Care Centers—OD/ORS
NIH Child Care Centers' hours of operation will be modified to ensure that the centers are operating as normally as possible during disruptions of the Federal Government's operations.
- Know Your Tier, NIH Dismissal and Closure Definitions, and FAQs http://hr.od.nih.gov/workingatnih/operatingstatus/FAQs.htm
- AlertNIH: http://alert.nih.gov
- Resource for Operating Statuses outside of the DMV area: http://hr.od.nih.gov/workingatnih/operatingstatus/resources.htm
Metro updates, traffic camera links, BRAC information, etc.
- NIH Highway Advisory Radio: Tune to AM 1660—OD/ORS
- Quick Guide to Information for Inclement Weather—NIH/OD/OHR
- Search by zip code for your local weather at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov—National Weather Service
- Severe Weather Information—Maryland Department of Transportation
Area-wide Road Conditions, Snow Emergency Plans, Live Traffic Cameras, Maryland Highway and Traffic Information, Local Weather Station Data.
- Information about what to do before, during and after an emergency, planning guides, and tips on building a disaster supply kit are available online at http://www.ready.gov/. The site also lists information by type of weather—a few of these links are listed below—Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Disaster Preparation and Recovery, from MedlinePlus, a service of the National Library of Medicine (NLM).
- Disaster Information Management Research Center, part of National Library of Medicine (NLM): Improving access to Disaster Health Information
This page last reviewed on April 17, 2017