You are here
Draft Report of the Fast Track Action Committee (FTAC) on Health Science and Technology Response to the Opioid Crisis
The White House National Science and Technology Council chartered the Opioid FTAC to support the President’s response to the opioid crisis by identifying (1) Research & Development (R&D) critical to addressing key gaps in knowledge and tools, and (2) opportunities to improve coordination of Federal R&D essential to combating the opioid crisis. The FTAC report “Health Research and Development to Stem the Opioid Crisis: A National Roadmap” describes seven areas of R&D:
- Biology and Chemistry of Pain and Opioid Addiction
- Non-Biological Contributors to Opioid Addiction
- Pain Management
- Prevention of Opioid Addiction
- Treatment of Opioid Addiction and Withdrawal
- Overdose Prevention and Recovery
- Community Consequences of Opioid Addiction
Research recommendations for each of these areas are included in the report, along with recommendations on ways to enhance coordination.
Call for Comments
The National Science and Technology Council is seeking public comment on this draft report. Submit any comments to OpioidsRoadmap@OSTP.eop.gov by December 5, 2018.
This page last reviewed on November 2, 2018