You are here
Effective Dates for Implementing FOIA Amendments
- December 31, 1999: Deadline for making available on-line agency's index of selected FOIA-disclosed records.
- February 1, 1998: Due date for first annual report using new form and new fiscal year timetable (report for fiscal year 1998).
- October 2, 1997: Effective date for provisions regarding time limits, multitrack processing, unusual circumstances, exceptional circumstances, expedited processing, and volume estimation.
- October 1, 1997: Due date for Justice Department annual reporting guidelines; statistical compilation for new form of annual report begins.
- March 31, 1997: General effective date for many amendment provisions.
This page last reviewed on September 15, 2015