You are here
- Serves as the point of contact for the media on topics related to the Office of the Director’s activities and trans-NIH initiatives. Manages media interviews for the NIH Director and other NIH leaders. Coordinates with NIH’s Institutes and Centers on media inquiries.
- Issues news releases for the Office of the Director and coordinates wide dissemination of NIH announcements to the public, media and stakeholders.
- Organizes news briefings and media attendance at NIH events.
- Coordinates with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and other federal agencies on media inquiries and strategy.
- Manages speeches, presentations, blogs and social media for the NIH Director.
- Oversees strategic planning for communication-related activities for the Office of the Director and trans-NIH initiatives.
- Manages the Public Information Officers (PIO) Network connecting NIH grantee institutions with NIH communication specialists to disseminate information about biomedical research.
- Through the NIH Visitor Center, leads tours for visitors to the NIH’s Bethesda, MD campus.
- Leads the Office of Community Liaison to address NIH activities that may affect the community surrounding the NIH’s Bethesda, MD campus.
This page last reviewed on May 17, 2018