You are here
NIH Outreach and Education
There are communication offices at each of our 27 Institutes and Centers. The Office of Communications & Public Liaison (OCPL) in the Office of the Director speaks for NIH as a whole.
NIH communication offices provide information on NIH programs and activities to the public, scientific community, medical profession, and the media.
- NIH News — current press releases
- NIH Research Matters — weekly research news
- NIH News in Health — monthly consumer health newsletter
- NIH Calendar of Events — scientific meetings
- Get Involved at NIH — activities around the nation
- Selected NIH Education and Awareness Campaigns
- NIH Record — employee newsletter
- Freedom of Information Act Office (FOIA)
- Visitor tours
Scientific Research and Training Opportunities
The NIH sponsors programs for students in
- high school;
- graduate school and medical/dental school;
as well as researchers doing postbaccaluareate work. See also the Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences (FAES), a non-profit organization sponsoring continuing medical education for physicians.
Science Education for All Ages
The Office of Science Education coordinates science education activities at the NIH and develops and sponsors science education projects. These programs serve elementary, secondary, and college students and teachers and the public.
This page last reviewed on April 5, 2016